Abuse of patients: what nurses can do to help end bad practice
Advice for nurses on reporting concerns and abusive practices, whether in mental health or other health and social care settings, and the support available
- Shocking abuse of patients has become all too familiar, highlighted by undercover programmes reporting alleged abuse in mental health units
- Safeguarding experts suggest problems with the skill mix of staff and inadequate workforce development need attention
- How a lack of specialist staff and reliance on agency workers can create environments that are not therapeutic
Poor care is back in the spotlight following two TV exposes.
Undercover filming by the BBC Panorama programme highlighted alleged verbal and physical abuse of patients at the
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests