Working together to improve patient safety
How the Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children emergency department has enhanced care within financial restraints.
One of our core aims at the Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children (RBHSC) emergency department (ED) is to ensure patient safety within financial and resource constraints.
The RBHSC is the only hospital devoted to paediatric care in Northern Ireland. It ranks in the top 30 most technologically advanced children’s hospitals in the world and has developed robust safety practices to ensure all children receive the best possible treatment.
It has also introduced innovative programmes, such as the child or neonate needing emergency critical care transport, or CONNECT, in which integrated paediatric and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests