'Emergency nursing: Just when you think you have seen it all… you really haven’t'
Julie Reeve talks about cruise ships, working in the first NHS walk-in centre and her current role as nurse consultant
What is your job?
I am a nurse consultant working in an emergency department (ED) at Yeovil District Hospital. The role has lots of elements to it, but my key responsibilities are service development, promoting evidence-based practice and teaching the multidisciplinary team. My favourite part of the job is looking after patients autonomously, enabling me to remain clinically credible, which is the greatest asset of the nurse consultant role. Being up to date in front-line clinical work is invaluable to the other parts of the job.
What might you have done otherwise?
I would have enjoyed being a...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests