Nurse leadership: what I’ve learned about making change happen
Tips on being an effective leader from charity chief executive Joanne Bosanquet, who built a high-profile nursing career after leaving school at 16 with no GCSEs
At the start of her nursing career, if someone had told Joanne Bosanquet she would one day be the chief executive of a leading nurse charity, she wouldn’t have believed it was possible.
‘From a career perspective, I had never thought about being a nurse in a charity as I didn’t see where I’d fit or what I’d do,’ she says. ‘And I certainly never considered being a chief executive. The thought would have made me laugh my head off.’
Charity role presented new challenges
But in 2019, Ms Bosanquet
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests