Joys of the journey
James Moore is clinical director of the Exeter Travel Clinic, co-editor of the Oxford Handbook of Expedition and Wilderness Medicine, and co-director of the International Diploma in Expedition and Wilderness Medicine.
Why did you become an emergency nurse?
As soon as I walked through the doors of the emergency department (ED) at Bristol Royal Infirmary on a training placement many years ago, I knew that was where I wanted to work. The buzz of controlled excitement, unpredictability, amazing teamwork and can-do attitude appealed to my character.
What might you have done otherwise?
Probably applied to join the Armed Forces, and most likely the Royal Marines. I think that would have been the only path capable of providing the experiences I have been fortunate enough to have.
How have you developed your skills?...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests