An emerging star
AN EYE for detail landed Judy Coyle the moniker ‘Eagle Eye’ and won her a prestigious prize. Named Scottish Clinical Research Nurse of the Year 2015, Ms Coyle has been rewarded for 20 years of pioneering work in clinical research and for her contribution to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh’s (RIE) emergency department (ED). As a founder member of the Emergency Medicine Research Group Edinburgh (EMERGE), she and her team provide evidence-based research for the hospital’s 24-hour ED, in which patients from across Lothian are treated.
Gordon Hill, chair of the Scottish Research Nurse and Coordinator’s Network (SRNCN), which hosted the awards, says: ‘Judy’s knowledge of research is vast. She has made EMERGE what it is today: a thriving group of researchers working on multiple trials and studies, from audits and quality control to big, multicentre studies and commercial clinical trials.
‘A part-time job...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests