Don’t lose sight of the finish
If you’ve embarked on an exciting new goal but the enthusiasm you felt at the beginning has diminished, here’s how to rekindle it.
Know your type Whether it is voicing your goals out loud in groups or setting yourself a personal target, consider which category you will best fit into. If it is the former, there are plenty of online groups and forums that can help keep you on track – with some even holding you accountable. If you progress better on your own, keep a diary of your everyday efforts. This will ensure you can track your progress and act as a huge motivator to keep going.
Remind yourself why It can be easy to give up when the going gets tough, but recalling the reason behind your resolve will ensure motivation follows. Placing visible reminders around you will help to solidify your resolve and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests