RCNi is the premier provider of innovative and creative information solutions for the whole nursing team and associated health professionals.
We produce eleven leading nursing publications including Nursing Standard, the UK’s best-selling nursing journal, as well as holding events such as the RCNi Nurse Awards, the popular RCN Bulletin jobs fairs, and revalidation seminars. We have also introduced new products such as RCNi Learning, an online CPD resource of training modules, and the RCNi Portfolio, an online store and tracking system to help you with revalidation.
Founded in 1987 and formerly known as RCN Publishing, RCNi is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Royal College of Nursing.
RCNi is also a proud member of STM, the global voice of scholarly publishing.
Watch our brand video to find out more
Board of Directors
- Dr Michael Chamberlain (Chairman)
- Roy Grant
- Caroline McNamara
- Kay Fawcett
- Dr Aisha Holloway
- Martin Richardson
- Rachel Armitage (Managing Director)
- Graham Scott (Editorial Director)
We publish eleven leading nursing journals. They are available in print or digital versions accessible via any device. RCNi journals all contain relevant news and analysis, latest best practice and peer reviewed clinical and CPD research articles written by experts in their fields.
- Nursing Standard is our flagship weekly journal, read by more nurses than any other nursing weekly outside of the United States. It covers all nursing issues and specialties and has a history of campaigning to support nursing professionals.
- Cancer Nursing Practice is the leading journal dealing with all aspects of cancer and palliative care in children and adults.
- Emergency Nurse provides timely information about treatments, techniques, research and evidence based practice to professionals working in urgent care settings everywhere.
- Evidence-Based Nursing collates and reviews the latest and most important research papers on evidence based practice from around the world.
- Learning Disability Practice is a unique journal aimed at professionals working with people with intellectual disabilities in all settings, and promoting best practice in care.
- Mental Health Practice covers all aspects of mental health nursing and patient care.
- Nursing Children and Young People provides information and best practice for nurses and students working with babies, children and teenagers.
- Nursing Management focuses on management trends and best practice in nursing leadership.
- Nursing Older People contains essential information for nursing professionals working with older people.
- Nurse Researcher is the only international journal publishing invaluable practical information on different methodologies of research in nursing.
- Primary Health Care contains authoritative content for nurses working in community and primary care settings.
Institutional subscriber websites
We have dedicated websites for our institutional subscribers. We can provide your users with access to:
Research and development papers
Double-blind peer review for clinical and original research articles
News of latest developments in treatments
Essential continuing professional development material
Our feature-rich e-journals platform offers all of the features your organisation would expect including full-text access to articles in XML and PDF, article-level DOIs, reference linking, COUNTER compliant usage reporting, institutional log-in and full-text searchable archive.
Find out more about our institutional journal websites
RCNi Learning is designed to help nurses meet continuing professional development requirements and to help students bridge the gap between theory and practice.
It features 135 interactive learning modules on a wide variety of specialties, with more modules added regularly. All accredited by the RCN, content is evidence-based and peer-reviewed by nursing and professional experts to ensure it promotes best practice.
RCNi Learning has been created with you in mind. It’s simple to use, incorporates multimedia to deepen your understanding, and works perfectly on your smartphone or tablet. The app lets you use it even without access to the internet, so you can learn anytime, anyplace.
UK subscribers can save their completed modules into their RCNi Portfolio as evidence for revalidation.
Subscribe here to access the full catalogue of modules.
Alternatively, you can register here for our three free modules.
RCN Bulletin Jobs Fairs
We organise recruitment fairs across the UK. These events are an opportunity to meet employers face to face and to attend our seminars about finding a job and revalidation. They are free to attend, you just need to register on the website.
RCNi Nurse Awards
The RCNi Nurse Awards recognises, rewards and showcases incredible commitment, innovation and excellence in nursing practice. Entries can be self-nominated or nominated by a colleague and the Awards culminate in a glittering ceremony attended by nursing VIPs. Award winners go on to inspire others with their work and influence politicians and senior healthcare figures. Read more about the RCNi Nurse Awards.
The Principles of Nursing Practice
This essential guide comprises a nine-part series describing the Principles of Nursing Practice developed by the Royal College of Nursing in collaboration with patient and service organisations, the Department of Health, the Nursing and Midwifery Council, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Find out more about The Principles of Nursing Practice
Safeguarding adults at risk
Recognising abuse of older people is not easy. The Safeguarding adults at risk book focuses specifically on nurses' care, roles and responsibilities when dealing with older people who might be at risk. Collated by our team of editorial experts, this exclusive book features the most important articles on the topic, published in our range of leading journals and booklets.
Find out more about Safeguarding adults at risk
A Time to Speak: Diary of an NHS Whistleblower
The damaging effect of staff shortages and poor standards of care on our growing number of elderly patients are as much of a scandal today as they were when charge nurse Graham Pink struggled to cope on every night shift. This book is his account of what happened as he tried uphold the nurses’ Code of Conduct and make a stand on behalf of his vulnerable patients. A Time to Speak is not a work of fiction; it is real, it is disturbing. It happened.
Find out more about A Time to Speak
Nurses' Voices From The Northern Ireland Troubles
Over the course of 30 years, more than 3,600 people were killed and tens of thousands injured during The Troubles in Northern Ireland. For the healthcare professionals who cared for the victims, the worst of times brought out the best in people. Nurses rose to the challenge of caring for their patients, from whichever ‘side’ they came, under testing conditions. Throughout it all, these nurses showed incredible reserves of patience, determination, fortitude and courage.
Find out more about Nurses' Voices From the Northern Ireland Troubles
RCN Bulletin Jobs
RCN Bulletin Jobs is your one-stop resource for finding and applying for the best jobs in nursing and healthcare.
Registering is quick and the site has been mobile optimised, making it as simple as possible for you to take the next step in your career, no matter your band, practice sector or location.
Find out more about rcnbulletinjobs.co.uk
We have offices in London and Cardiff. Each of our journals has an editorial advisory board of clinical experts, many of which are international. We have an international network of sales professionals working with institutions overseas via our sales partner BMJ.
RCNi is the brand name of RCN Publishing Company Ltd. Registered office: Royal College of Nursing, 20 Cavendish Square, London, W1G ORN, UK.