Forum Focus: Be Clear on Cancer Campaign
The campaign, which runs until October, encourages people with relevant symptoms to see their GP, with the aim of diagnosing more cases of cancer, lung disease and heart disease earlier.
It caught my attention because it has been some time since I had thought about the diagnosis of heart disease, non-malignant lung diseases and lung cancer simultaneously. I am sure I am not alone; cardiology nurses may not think about cancer and heart disease together.
While it makes sense to do so because the early pre-diagnosis symptoms can appear similar – and indeed, many of our patients may have both conditions – it also reminded me that diagnosing cancer is not an exact science. Hopefully campaigns like this will initiate fresh and different conversations by the public and health professionals about groups of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests