Forum Focus: a framework for all
The Career and Education Framework for Cancer Nursing is finally available to download and I am proud to have played a small part in its evolution.
As you will see from the list of acknowledgements, many talented nurses from across the UK were involved and steered by Vanessa Taylor from the University of York. What is particularly heartening is the framework speaks to everyone affected by cancer: health and social care support workers, pre-registration students, generalist and specialist nurses.
Cancer can seem complex to nurses who do not deal with the diagnosis and treatment stages every day. Even nurse specialists are grappling to keep up with the implications of the multiple new biological agents that are emerging. Despite the frequency of cancer, many procedures and treatments are undertaken by specialists in specialist areas.
While this has played...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests