Book review: Understanding Ethics for Nursing Students
Understanding Ethics for Nursing Students (Second edition)
Peter Ellis Learning Matters/Sage £19.99 | 176pp ISBN: 9781473997899
Part of the Transforming Nursing Practice series, this book is a welcome contribution to the range of literature related to nursing ethics.
It is effectively structured and covers various aspects of ethics, including definitions, theories and principles.
A well-presented discussion of ‘what ethics is and is not’ encourages readers to reflect on their personal ethical viewpoint and the factors that have influenced it, rather than viewing ethical practice as adherence to established theories and principles.
The need for nurses to develop their ethical awareness and understanding is promoted throughout the book.
Overall, it is accessible and easy to read. A practice focus is maintained throughout and each chapter is linked to relevant Nursing and Midwifery Council standards and essential skills clusters.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests