Book review: Palliative and End of Life Care in Nursing
Palliative and End of Life Care in Nursing
Jane Nicol & Brian Nyatanga
£19.99 | 184pp
This book introduces some of the fundamental concepts in palliative and end of life care, and the content is helpfully mapped to the Nursing and Midwifery Council's Standards for Pre-Registration Education and Essential Skills Clusters.
The numerous case studies and activities in the text encourage critical thinking and reflection and each chapter closes by providing suggested further reading and useful websites.
My only issue with this text is that I would have liked the authors to delineate more clearly the distinction between palliative and end of life care.
Palliative care is well defined, but end of life care less so; in some chapters, the terms are used synonymously when I felt there should...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests