Book review: Connecting with Cancer
Connecting with Cancer
R R Hall Melrose Books £10.99 | 184pp ISBN: 9781912026357
The inspiration for this book came from a local cancer support charity called Cancer Connections, which identified the benefits of people sharing their experiences of cancer with others.
The book contains a collection of stories told by people who have been affected by cancer. It covers a wide range of subjects concerning the cancer pathway, including emotional responses, physical challenges and the effect of the disease on everyday life.
The reader will find insights that bring to life the significant challenges faced by people with cancer. Some will provide new perspectives as the collection exemplifies how responses to cancer and its treatment are individual and varied.
This is not an academic book; rather than to provide analysis or commentary, its intention was to let the stories speak for...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests