Book review: Clinical Skills for Nursing Practice
Clinical Skills for Nursing Practice | Tina Moore and Sheila Cunningham (Eds) | Routledge | £39.99 | 596pp | ISBN: 9780273767947
This is a comprehensive text that uses an evidence-based approach to introduce the core clinical skills and competencies required by newly qualified nurses. It has useful learning outcomes for each chapter and key activities to encourage reflection. It also has top tips to expand readers’ knowledge and practice.
Throughout the authors use tools and step-by-step guides to key clinical skills making them simple to follow. Case studies are used to help new nurses reflect but they could also be used by qualified staff when undergoing revalidation. Diagrams and photographs only serve to enhance the text and bring it to life.
The authors are knowledgeable and are clear that clinical skills should not be taken for granted;...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests