Invest in your own well-being on a French retreat
Investing in your own well-being while being a nurse can often be a stuggle, but as Sue Lennon discovered, all you need is a space to think – in her case, an idyllic French getaway
Nearly two years ago, I took the scary step of handing in my notice as a Macmillan nurse specialist and emigrating to live in the French countryside. I’d been in nursing for 30 years and achieved my goal to become a clinical nurse specialist (CNS) in 2002, specialising in urology oncology.
I embraced all the opportunities to learn, study and develop my service, but by year seven I was exhausted and ill. As the only CNS in my department, I’d been drowning in work for some time. I’d delegated what I could, but keeping up with the ever-increasing number of patients, striving to maintain a...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests