Recognising excellence in the care of the terminally ill
Nurses and healthcare assistants who provide care to patients nearing the end of their lives have been recognised for their work at the Marie Curie Peacock Awards.
Marie Morrissey, day hospice manager at Marie Curie (MC) Hospice in Belfast, won the leadership award for her involvement in rolling out the EMIS electronic care record system across clinical teams.
Presenting the awards, MC executive director of nursing Dee Sissons said: ‘Being here tonight is an accolade of what you do.’
Gwyneth Davies, a nurse at the Cardiff and Vale MC Hospice in-patient unit was highly commended in the leadership category for organising activities throughout the year to help connect patients to the outside world.
Going the Extra Mile award Winner: Karen Playford, senior healthcare assistant (HCA), MC’s central region
Highly commended: Sarah Somerville...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests