New leadership for UK Oncology Nursing Society
The UK Oncology Nursing Society (UKONS) appoints interim president following Richard Henry’s departure last month
Helen Roe, a consultant cancer nurse at North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust, has been appointed interim president of the UK Oncology Nursing Society (UKONS). She is replacing Richard Henry, a lecturer in cancer nursing at Queen’s University Belfast, who stepped down last month.
Ms Roe has been a UKONS Board member and key leader of the Chemotherapy/Systemic Anti-Cancer Treatment Members Interest Group for a number of years.
Her specialist area of clinical expertise is the management of patients with breast cancer. This involves assessing patients, managing symptoms and treatment toxicities, prescribing, requesting radiological investigations and developing and leading services such as the homecare service.
‘Committed to further developing services’
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests