Ovarian cancer and Olaparib: what nurses need to know
Olaparib has won NICE approval as a first-line maintenance treatment for ovarian cancer rather than waiting after further rounds of chemotherapy.
Ovarian cancer is the sixth most common cancer in women, with about 7,500 new cases in the UK every year, says Cancer Research UK.
Almost six in ten patients are diagnosed at a late stage in England and Northern Ireland, the charity says.
More than one third of patients in England and Wales survive the disease for ten years or more, with survival rates having almost doubled in the past 40 years in...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests