NICE recommends use of breast cancer drug as new treatment option
Trastuzumab deruxtecan is a targeted treatment that could extend patients lives and has been recommended for use with some patients in England
According to Cancer Research UK , breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK, with about 55,200 diagnoses made every year equivalent to 15% of all new cancer cases.
One in seven females in the UK will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. It is the UKs fourth most common cause of cancer death, accounting for 7% of all cancer deaths.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Enjoy 1 month's access for £1 and get:
- Full access to cancernursingpractice.com
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal