NICE recommends use of breast cancer drug as new treatment option
Trastuzumab deruxtecan is a targeted treatment that could extend patients’ lives and has been recommended for use with some patients in England
According to Cancer Research UK , breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK, with about 55,200 diagnoses made every year – equivalent to 15% of all new cancer cases.
One in seven females in the UK will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. It is the UK’s fourth most common cause of cancer death, accounting for 7% of all cancer deaths.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests