Cancer-related fatigue: symptoms and management with Untire app
A self-help app called Untire offers people who have cancer-related fatigue support, advice and tips
Cancer-related fatigue (CRF) is a common side effect for people with cancer.
Among the symptoms are a lack of energy, sleeping problems and feeling anxious, sad or depressed. Other symptoms include muscle pain, feeling breathless after doing small tasks, finding it hard to concentrate, think clearly or make decisions, as well as losing interest in usually enjoyable activities and negative feelings.
According to the charity Macmillan Cancer Support there may be several reasons for CRF including the cancer itself, treatments, anaemia, eating problems, other health issues and the psychological effects of cancer. Patients should be encouraged to do various things that may help,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests