How to banish the race bias holding black and Asian nurses back
Racism in the NHS is stopping nurses from achieving the promotion and career progression they deserve – but there are ways to combat discriminatory recruitment
- Data show stark contrast between the career trajectory of nurses who are white, and those who are black or have Asian heritage
- Find out about the subtle ways recruiters can let slip that racism has been a factor in the job interview process
- Advice to empower you if you believe you are treated unfairly, and what managers can do to ensure their decision-making is bias-proof
Black and Asian nurses are being prevented from climbing the career ladder because of racism in the NHS.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests