Exclusive: Nursing Standard-Sunday Mirror survey reveals realities of front-line nursing
Almost 60% of nurses feel stressed all or most of the time, according to an exclusive Nursing Standard survey with the Sunday Mirror
More than 3,000 nurses have responded to a survey that has revealed the increasing pressure felt by those in the profession.
Respondents reported going on sick leave due to stress and taking anti-depressants. Eight out of ten nurses said they believed the quality of care received by patients had declined over the past five years. About half said they had seen patients suffer as a result of services being cut and had felt under pressure to save money. More than half said they only sometimes or never had time to deliver safe care.
Nurses described how they had switched to night shifts,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests