Nursing children, teenagers and young adults with cancer
The first in our series on how cancer affects different patient demographics focuses on children, teenagers and young adults
Around seven young people aged between 13 and 24 are diagnosed with cancer every day in the UK, according to the Teenage Cancer Trust charity.
The latest National Cancer Patient Experience survey, commissioned by NHS England, showed that although young people scored more highly on access to specialist nurses, only 60% of those aged 16-24 understood the explanation of what was wrong with them, compared with...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests