‘My challenge is for chemotherapy nurses to take a step back and rethink their role’
Catherine Oakley presents the National Chemotherapy Board Good Practice Guideline for promoting early identification of systemic anti-cancer therapies side effects
I represent UKONS on the National Chemotherapy Board, which has a remit to provide guidance, oversight and support for the continued development of high-quality, systemic anti-cancer therapies for cancer patients. The Board is attended by members involved in the delivery of systemic anticancer therapies and includes the Association of Cancer Physicians, the Royal College of Radiologists, Joint Speciality Committee of the Royal College of Physicians, the Royal College of Pathologists, UKONS, British Oncology Pharmacy Association, Public Health England SACT, NHS England Clinical Reference Group and lay representatives.
The guideline will be invaluable to cancer nurses. It is the first document to articulate the enormity of the problem where patients with debilitating and life-threatening treatment...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests