How exercise can boost health and recovery of people with cancer
Evidence shows physical exercise has a positive effect on cancer patients before, during and after treatment
- Expert group urges people with cancer to be as active as possible at all stages of cancer pathway
- Activity can help cope with side effects as well as fatigue, anxiety and depression
- It also improves health-related quality of life, bone health and sleep
International cancer experts are calling for ‘exercise prescriptions’ to encourage people living with and beyond cancer to get the benefits of physical activity.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests