Holistic care: placing people with head and neck cancer on a path to recovery
With the incidence of head and neck cancer on the rise in the UK, two Wales-based clinical nurse specialists launched a recovery programme to advocate patient needs post-treatment – and amass ideas for further support
According to Cancer Research UK, the rates of head and neck cancer have increased by 24% over the past decade . The disease is becoming more prevalent among a younger, working-age demographic, who can be particularly affected by the debilitating side effects of surgery and treatment. Yet, there is a dearth of specialist recovery services to support people once they have completed treatment....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests