How should nurses assess and manage pain in a person with cancer?
Healthcare staff should adopt an inclusive approach with people living with cancer to explore the meaning of their pain to aid assessment, support and treatment
Many people with a cancer diagnosis may be living with comorbidities and a range of symptoms, including pain ( Quinn et al 2022 ). The ultimate aim of any pain management plan is to identify and, if possible, remove the
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests