‘The road ahead won’t always be smooth – but it will be interesting’
Consultant breast services nurse Maria Noblet reveals how her nursing specialism cemented a desire to stay close to patients who are going through surgery
What is your job?
I am a consultant nurse within the breast services at Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust.
What does your job involve?
Clinically, my role involves working with patients who have been referred by their GP with a breast symptom in the diagnostic setting. It often involves reassuring women that their symptom is not breast cancer related – and at other times delivering bad news. I support our family history service assessing individual women’s risk of developing breast cancer and I have a busy counselling practice where I see women with complex psychological needs.
My role also involves conducting nursing research and I am involved in several projects, all of which focus...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests