Reflecting the core values of a clinical nurse specialist
Colorectal clinical nurse specialist Iris Williams on the importance of having the patience and passion to persevere in your chosen field of nursing
Why did you become a colorectal clinical nurse specialist?
To make a positive difference to the experience of patients with colorectal disease and stomas and provide support ensuring that the patient is always central to care – from diagnosis to follow up.
What might you have done otherwise?
Become a journalist as I enjoy writing and am also quite inquisitive.
Where have you worked previously?
I have been in my role for nearly 22 years, but I’ve worked in a variety of clinical settings. I spent time working on a surgical ward, worked as a community nurse and then as for a period as a research nurse at the Public Health Laboratory services in...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests