Patients make the research we do relevant
Karen Turner talks about the journey from registration to her senior nurse post in the Cancer Research UK Clinical Trials Unit.
What is your job?
I am a Cancer Research UK senior nurse at the University of Birmingham based in the Clinical Trials Unit (CRCTU). My role is divided between acting as the CRCTU lead nurse with professional responsibility for the clinical research nurses and working closely with Cancer Research UK locally and nationally.
As a part of the senior research nurse team, I promote the work of Cancer Research UK and raise awareness of cancer trials. An important element of the role is being a 'public face' for clinical trials in the region. I also support initiatives to improve recruitment to clinical trials for cancer treatments, prevention and palliative care.
The aim is to reduce the time taken to obtain results...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests