My job: Ruth Bradley, deputy chief executive of St Joseph's Hospice
Ruth Bradley, deputy chief executive of St Joseph’s Hospice in east London, on being inspired by the positive effect of holistic, palliative and end of life care for people with advanced disease.
What does your job involve?
I am the director of care at St Joseph’s Hospice, Hackney, providing leadership to nursing and allied health professionals – including complementary therapists and counsellors. I take responsibility for maintaining professional standards, quality of care, managing risk and service improvement.
I ensure all care professionals have access to postgraduate professional development and training opportunities, including clinical leadership development and research. In addition, I develop and maintain networks for the hospice in the wider health and social care sector.
Why did you become a nurse?
I didn’t consider doing anything else although I am sure if I had, it would have been...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests