'Maintain your professional integrity at all times'
Caroline Gee is a senior clinical nurse specialist in gastrointestinal consequences of cancer treatment at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London
What does your job involve?
I work in a specialist multidisciplinary team that investigates and manages patients who experience gastrointestinal symptoms as a result of their cancer treatment. The clinical aspect of the role involves history-taking, physical examinations, requesting and interpreting investigations, and managing the new diagnoses made. A holistic needs assessment is offered to all patients attending the clinic.
I have also recently applied to undertake the independent and supplementary prescribing course in 2018.
Why did you become a nurse?
A wise woman encouraged me by saying that I would make an excellent nurse; that it was a fulfilling and rewarding career. I didn’t believe her at the time, but she was right.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests