'Keep everything in perspective': Teenage Cancer Trust nurse consultant Sue Morgan
Sue Morgan , Teenage Cancer Trust nurse consultant and lead nurse at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, on her passion for this ever-changing specialty.
What does your job involve?
I lead the development and work of the team and support the direction of the work undertaken in Leeds Principal Treatment Centre and across the Humber and Yorkshire region.
Why did you choose to specialise in working with children and young people with cancer?
In my first role as a registered sick children’s nurse (RSCN), I was placed on a paediatric oncology ward. I was initially daunted by this, having had a brother who had leukaemia. But once I started it soon felt like home.
What might you have done otherwise?
I have never thought of doing anything else!
Where did you train?...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests