Going the extra mile
Paula Allchorne was commended as Quality in Care’s 2016 Cancer Nurse of the Year for her innovative work in raising standards of uro-oncological nursing care
What is your job?
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust practice development nurse and Barts Health NHS Trust urology lead nurse.
Why did you become a nurse?
During my GCSEs and A levels I worked in a retirement home. I enjoyed it and decided to be a nurse, working in an acute setting and saving lives.
What does your role entail?
At Guy’s and St Thomas’ I mentor, tutor, train and support urology nurses on the wards and in outpatients. I run workshops and study days to help...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests