Collaborative research is the way forward for nursing
Huda Abu-Saad Huijer, professor of nursing science and director of Beirut’s Rafic Hariri School of Nursing: ‘Working with junior researchers has been the highlight of my academic career’
What is your role?
I am professor of nursing science and director of the Rafic Hariri School of Nursing at the American University in Beirut, Lebanon, where I am responsible for the administration and academic development of the school.
How did you first become interested in nursing research?
After receiving my PhD from the University of Florida, I applied for my first academic appointment at the University of California in San Francisco (UCSF). I was responsible for the clinical supervision of nursing students on paediatric wards, where I noticed that children’s pain management was not being adequately assessed and patients were suffering needlessly on post-operative floors.
As nurses were hesitant in...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests