Your local nurse bank can offer all sorts of options
For anyone who would like more say about when they work, or to earn some extra money, working as a bank nurse could be the solution. Employers are constantly on the lookout for registered nurses who can join the bank and fill in shifts in a wide range of settings.
The demand for bank staff is increasing as trusts face a shortage of nurses and the high cost of agency staff. The number of nursing hours requested from NHS Professionals’ bank, which has more than 60,000 workers to help fill more than three million shifts every year, has doubled in the past three years.
To meet this demand, NHS Professionals, which works with 60 trusts, has recently been running a campaign to encourage nursing staff to join their local trust’s bank. It is targeting nursing staff who are substantively employed by...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests