What is your personality type?
Have you ever found yourself irritated by other team members because they do not do things your way? Does someone resist change and refuse to think about your ideas? Or annoy you because they make decisions slowly when you want to get on to the next task? According to the Myers Briggs personality measuring tool, these are personality preferences.
The Myers Briggs questionnaire prompts the participant to identify their behaviour from one of 16 different types, using a combination of letters. It offers personality type as a starting point from which you may gain an idea of how others see you.
Some of the key aspects of Myers Briggs preferences, and how these might translate into work behaviours, are shown below. No way is better or worse than another; a good team needs all personality types....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests