Succeed as an agency nurse
Agency nurses have to adjust to new environments while juggling clinical responsibilities and prioritising the care of their patients. Five qualities will make for a successful agency nurse.
Excellent communication skills
Agency nurses are always meeting new people and adapting to different environments; having excellent communication skills helps them work effectively in new teams and deliver the best service for their patients. An ability to remain calm and communicate in stressful situations is also essential.
The nature of agency work means nurses may not be in a fixed place of work for a prolonged period, and working different shifts, with varying sleeping and eating patterns, requires the ability to adapt to working in this way.▶
Attention to detail
As nurses work...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests