Five steps to work happiness
Most of us have an ideal job in mind, but many also feel we will have to jump through lots of hoops to get there. Get out of the ‘just another job’ mentality and into your ‘calling’. After all, a job should be more than just a way to pay the bills.
When you discover a specialty you particularly like, be proactive. If possible, meet with the nurse manager and find out what they are looking for. This can open up employment avenues and point you towards whatever additional training you might need.
Grab any opportunity to gain experience in your new area of interest. If you can afford it, try unpaid internships, nurse shadowing, casual jobs, part-time jobs or work as a float nurse.
There are plenty of platforms online...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests